Sunday, March 25, 2007

Shady Collection Agencies

There are a lot of businesses that serve useful purposes. Sometimes there are businesses that take advantage of our ignorance or fear. I recently received a call from Allied Interstate. I didn't recognize the company name so I got on the internet and looked them up. One of the first items that popped up was this article ,which was very enlightening. Allied Interstate is a collection agency with a shady reputation. There tactics and methods are very questionable and possibly illegal. I do have any accounts that are in collections, meaning that I don't have any accounts that I have neglected paying on for a extended period of time. Typically if you have an account overdue and you haven't recently moved you will get a written notification of accounts that are past due. I have not received any past due notices. Because I am certain that I don't have any accounts in collections I am not responding to Allied Interstate, but I will be checking my credit report soon to find out if there is anything on my report that I am unaware of. The reason I am not talking to Allied is their reputation for rude and obnoxious behavior. Do a google search on this company it gets real interesting.

No comments: